In her own words- Kahn Artist 9/27/2012

Begin forwarded message:

From: Karen Kahn 
Date: September 27, 2012 9:26:21 PM EDT
To: PowersThatBeat 
Subject: Re: The Powers That Beat: Study Sheds Light on Parents' Fears, Anxieties: Critical Supports Needed to Raise a Child with Autism Spectrum Disorders

Yes Elyssa , I have many fears about your well being in life which is exactly why I am doing all I am able to to make your life better. I am extremely hurt by being so attacked and unappreciated by you after I have made sacrifices for you that will effect the rest of my life.  I don't know why you think I have a lot of money. I've lived a very modest life as a social worker for the past 20 years and worked for a non profit so I have no pension. I have squirreled away money for myself so that I can hopefully have a stress free retirement. Now I have dipped into my life savings to provide a decent and safe home for you. Your constant vicious attacks have worn me down each day. I had only the best intentions to give you a good life. You have not even expressed the slightest appreciation and have only attacked me every step of the way. I am continuing to see it through, but with a broken heart and broken spirit. I didn't expect a perfect relationship with you by any means, but I had hoped it would be workable. I no longer have any expectations of having a relationship of any quality with you. I am sorry that you have twisted all my good intentions. I do not have the strength or inclination to fight with you any longer. I have done what I could, and what I thought would make you feel loved, safe and secure. I have now run out of options. I will always be open to a change of attitude from you. I've done what I've done with the condo out of nothing but motherly love and the hope that it will help you turn your life around. I cannot do anything more than that. I wish you well and hope that you find happiness, peace and meaning in your life.

Mom

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 27, 2012, at 7:09 PM, 

Study Sheds Light on Parents' Fears, Anxieties: Critical Supports Needed to Raise a Child with Autism Spectrum Disorders
http://thepowersthatbeat.blogspot.com/2012/09/study-sheds-light-on-parents-fears.html?m=0


אל

Comments