Are You Electrosensitive? Is Wi-Fi Dangerous To Your Health?bibliotecapleyades.net | Nov 19th 2010
November 19, 2010
from PreventDisease Website
The negative health effects of electromagnetic fields on biological tissue are very real although it remains highly controversial mostly due to the influence of the technology sector.
However, virtually all scientists agree that more research is necessary to determine safe or dangerous levels. It's like one big human experiment which we won't know the results of for several decades.
Now, with the increasing proliferation of wireless handheld and portable devices, it is literally impossible to escape EMFs in any major city.
The danger of magnetic, electric, wireless, radio (microwave), ground current, and high frequency radiation is that it is mostly invisible until great damage is done - like the increased risk of some brain tumors in long term cell phone users.
Computer usage is the most popular reason given as the cause.
Olle Johansson, a world-renown expert on the subject, coined the term 'VDT sickness' to categorize the specific sensitivity some people have to computer monitors. Swedish journalist Gunni Nordstrom cites chemicals emitted from monitors and the electricity coming from them working synergistically as a possible cause.
Dental amalgam is often cited too as a reason. A study has shown that it is possible for certain frequencies of electricity which emanate from computer monitors to release amalgam into the body where it can cause chronic toxicity. Indeed, mercury amalgam toxicity from dental work is a topic of heated debate in it's own right.
There is a strong link between chemicals toxicity and electrical sensitivities, i.e. that the latter may well be a by-product of the former.
The UK based Breakspear Hospital reports that when one removes the chemical sensitivities from the body, the electrical sensitivities disappear also. The Environmental Health Centre Dallas, reports that of 500 patients treated for MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity), 80% of them also have electrical sensitivities.
Electrohypersensitivity (EHS), also called "electrosensitivity" and "electromagnetic sensitivity," is a puzzle.
The names are applied to claims that symptoms including,
...which are believed to be caused by spending time in places where cordless phones, cell phones, or wi-fi are present.
Such common symptoms can be due to any number of diseases and conditions.
You may have read about a connection to heart problems in news reports about a recently published Canadian study. Researchers at Trent University in Ontario documented increases in heart rate or irregular heart beat in some subjects exposed to a nearby portable phone.
Among those affected - 40 percent of the 25 study participants - heart rate returned to normal after the cordless phone was unplugged. This was a blinded study, meaning that the participants didn’t know if the cordless phone was plugged in or not.
It was published in the October 23, 2010, issue of the European Journal of Oncology.
Shared from Read It Later