Thursday, April 15, 2010


Elyssa Durant, Ed.M.
Nashville, Tennessee
(615) 424-8810

"You may not care how much I know, but you don't know how much I care."


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Charmaine Duncan
Date: Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 10:31 AM
Subject: Current Status of Complaint

Elyssa -

We are currently trying to get your voucher extended another 30 days,
however it is not a sure thing as it has already been extended.  Even
if it is extended you probably will not have enough time to move away
from Nashville due to the eviction/reference issue and should probably
stay in the Nashville area for a year and attempt t get your rental
record cleared up before you try to move somewhere else.

IMPORTANT!!  Can you call your doctor that is diagnosing you to refer
you to LOCAL Mental Health Agency to try and get a Case Manager
assigned to you so you will no longer have to depend on your family
members out of town?  A Mental Health Case Manager advocating for you
might be one way to help you get around the bad reference from your
previous landlord.  Because your previous landlord really has no
choice but to tell the truth and check "yes" when ask if you were
evicted and check "no" when asked if he would re-rent to you.  But a
Case Manager/Advocate could help explain the situation and provide
some degree of security that the same thing won't happen again!


Charmaine Duncan
Fair Housing Specialist
Tennessee Fair Housing Council
P) 615-874-2344
F) 615-874-1636
107 Music City Circle, Suite 318
Nashville, TN 37214

Posted via email from ElyssaD's Posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment