Thursday, April 15, 2010

Current Status of Complaint

Elyssa Durant, Ed.M.
Nashville, Tennessee
(615) 424-8810

"You may not care how much I know, but you don't know how much I care."


---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 12:03 PM
Subject: Re: Current Status of Complaint
To: Charmaine Duncan
Cc: "" ,

I have a representative payee and they sent an affidavit regarding
payment policy & legal requirements under SSA law, the landlord did
not comply.

In addition the rent was paid, the fees were for late pmt on water
which was also unauthorized acct as per Metro Water Dept.

I have an open referral for case mgmt. The problem is that it was my
CM who completely messed up all my benefits. That was being
investigated by SSA, however they have not reviewed the appeal yet, it
was filed on 9/11/08.

I am currently being recertified for SSI and by DHS. Very difficult to
do when all your address files don't match (that was also my primary
complaints w/my case mgr)

I have inquired at other agencies, however they do not provide comp CM
that is necessary. I have an open file with Metro Social Services, but
for Adult Services, and I will follow up with them.

it may be helpful to know that I used to be a CM so I can be pretty
(judgmental?) When regarding my expectations which are quite simple:
do your job.

I know that sounds arrogant, however the fact remains that CM made
multiple errors with serious consequences. For example, the failed to
report to SSA and DHS and MDHA. I am working on this with benefits
planners at the Center for Independent Living.

I will follow up today.

They too were shocked and disturbed by the number of errors made by CM.

I will follow up, I promise!

Thanks so much for your help!


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

From: Charmaine Duncan
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:20:53 -0500
Subject: Re: Current Status of Complaint

Elyssa - Our call to Section 8 indicates there records show you were
evicted after no one paid your portion of the rent for two months.
However, they did write off the debt showing you with a -0- balance.

What did your doctor say?

Elyssa Durant wrote:

That's the thing, it is my understanding that I was NOT evicted, thus
came to an agreement to vacate the property. The landlord told them I
owed money after the jdgmt was quashed by the court returned it to me.
The jdmt was for $0- so the costs were for atty fees, processing
fees, etc. On 7/29/09, Charmaine Duncan

Elyssa - We are currently trying to get your voucher extended another
30 days, however it is not a sure thing as it has already been
extended. Even if it is extended you probably will not have enough
time to move away from Nashville due to the eviction/reference issue
and should probably *stay in the Nashville area for a year and attempt
t get your rental record cleared up *before you try to move somewhere
else. *IMPORTANT!!* Can you call your doctor that is diagnosing you
to refer you to LOCAL Mental Health Agency to try and get a Case
Manager assigned to you so you will no longer have to depend on your
family members out of town? * A Mental Health Case Manager advocating
for you _might_ be one way to help you get around the bad reference
from your previous landlord. * Because your previous landlord really
has no choice but to tell the truth and check "yes" when ask if you
were evicted and check "no" when asked if he would re-rent to you.
/But a Case Manager/Advocate could help explain the situation and
provide some degree of security that the same thing won't happen
again! /Charmaine Charmaine Duncan Fair Housing Specialist Tennessee
Fair Housing P)
615-874-2344 F) 615-874-1636 107 Music City Circle, Suite 318
Nashville, TN

-- Charmaine Duncan Fair Housing Specialist Tennessee Fair Housing P) 615-874-2344 F)
615-874-1636 107 Music City Circle, Suite 318 Nashville, TN

Posted via email from ElyssaD's Posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment