The #BrettKimberlin Report D 37: The Kimberlin/Rauhauser Cell — "From an Undisclosed Location"

The #BrettKimberlin Report D+37: The Kimberlin/Rauhauser Cell

by bobbelvedere, thecampofthesaints.org
July 1st 2012

-Stacy McCain has published an interview he conducted with Brandon Darby, columnist for Breitbart, friend of Andrew Breitbart, and someone who has put himself in the line of fire by battling the Kimberlin/Rauhauser Cell.

Two highlights:

1. How long have you been following the Brett Kimberlin story, and how did you become interested in it?

The Kimberlin/Rauhuaser issue isn’t unique to Kimberlin and Rauhuaser. The details and specifics are, but the gist of it is prevalent in the American Left. The gist is that the people we call “far Left crazies” are actually very well organized and calculated and they operate on behalf of, with the support of, and to the benefit of more mainstream and moderate left-of-center political players.

My interest in this particular issue came up because I began to realize that they acted like bullies. They exhibited a tendency to go after people who were quite innocent of anything other than simply voicing their political concerns and addressing what seemed to be a criminal enterprise operating with mainstream Democratic Party funding and interests.

People I cared for like Mandy Nagy have been being harassed by this network for a long time. My only regret is that I didn’t start taking arrows for my friends on this sooner.

And…

10. How would you summarize this story in a nutshell? What’s the one thing that people really need to understand about all this?

Just remember, the Right calls out, marginalizes, and rejects their “crazies.” The Right’s “crazies” are an anomaly. The Left embraces, defends, and supports their “crazies.” In fact, the Left’s crazies are vital and needed components to the dehumanization and deceptive methodology leftist thought depends upon. This is why the Left historically minimizes the crimes of their “crazies” and engages in a whore-defense against the victims of the Left’s crazies.

The Left has no compunction about using people to achieve it’s ends because it’s philosophy sees no value in individual human life — the cause, the end, is all that matters and if some people have to be hurt along the way [even if the hurt is of the fatal kind] then so be it. To Immanentize The Eschaton is the only goal and, since the Left has rejected Morality, they are free to seek their end ‘by any means necessary’  As Doug Hagin puts it:

Understand this, when the Left says by any means necessary, they mean it. Their ideology is their religion, and anyone who dares oppose that religion is targeted for Leftist Jihad.

Do take the time to click here and read the whole interview – there’s much to be learned from it.

-Speaking of not taking arrows sooner, Stacy McCain apologizes for not having been the this story until recently:

FROM AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION

How easy is it to miss a big story? This easy: While I was packing up my desk to move to our new home — thanks, Brett! — I found some notes I’d taken of a phone interview I’d done with Andrew Breitbart in the wake of Rep. Anthony Weiner’s resignation. I’d meant to write an article for The American Spectator based on that interview, but the GOP primary campaign started heating up before I could complete the article, and so I just forgot about it.

The other day, I was packing my desk and came across the notes — as usual, scrawled on the back of an envelope — and saw the names “Mike Stack” and “Lee Stranahan” and I was like, “Holy sh*t!”

A big chunk of the same story I’m now covering so intensively was right there in my notes, taken in late June 2011, and I hadn’t realized it. How had I lost track of that story, so that when I bumped into it almost accidentally on May 17 of this year, it caught me by surprise?

In the Comments section, Adjoran writes:

We were all fooled, we were all dismissive of these secretive cyber cells of subversives if we weren’t their direct targets, it just seemed so weird. It was clear there were some serious nut cases in the comment threads at Patterico and many other places, but that really wasn’t anything new. “Socrates” was a pretty well known troll around political blogs – and their antecedent message boards before that. He was one of many and like most of them, he was a harmless nut.

99% of the crap Socrates obsessed about was just that, although every now and then he made a good point. For most places, he wasn’t quite “off” enough to get banned. Until he started looking at Kimberlin, at least – and because it was the lefty sites that banned him then, none of us noticed it. Or suspected that he wasn’t banned for the content he posted but because of behind-the-scenes campaigns by Kimberlin and his cronies.

Even Mandy Nagy’s research was received by most of us as fascinating but archival in nature. It wasn’t until the Walker case that the shi’ite got real, so to speak, and the weird divergent threads of Kimberlin’s non-profit scams and lawfare and Rauhauser’s ”beandog” posse and Weinergate insanity converged into one frightening chain of psychotic intimidation of the innocent.

If Kimberlin had just let Walker go away quietly after helping Allen avoid a large judgement and a criminal charge, most of us still would have no idea what these guys have been and are up to.

I well recall looking into some aspects of the story back in the early Summer of 2011, and I actually did some research, but I was dismissive.  As Adj put it: ‘it just seemed so weird’ and like a petty, childish game, that I moved on to ‘more serious issues’.

I was wrong.

I have spent my life since I was a teenager studying how the Left thinks and operates so I should have seen that this was worthy of investigating and shining a light on, that this was something more than childish pranking.  The Kimberlin/Rauhauser Cell is following the Leftist Playbook chapter and verse and, dammit, I should have seen that.  I apologize.

Mea culpa.

-One year ago today, Patterico was SWATted and he provides us with more information on what happened that night [but do check out first this posting by him from yesterday that chronicles the events leading up to the SWATting].  A highlight from today’s anniversary post:

I had been talking with Ron Brynaert when the police arrived. I had been threatened a week earlier, but I also knew that Mike Stack had been SWATted. So when people knocked on my door and rang the doorbell, I didn’t know who it was. I looked at the oven clock that is currently to my right, and it said 12:35 a.m. I leapt from my chair and moved where I couldn’t be seen from the front door. I told Brynaert that it was 12:35 a.m and people were pounding on my door and ringing the doorbell. He seemed to ignore me and kept ranting about whatever he had been ranting about. I said: “Listen to me! It’s 12:35 in the morning and someone is knocking on the door!” I heard the people at the door yelling: “Fire!” I told Brynaert I didn’t know if it was the people who had threatened me or the police. I asked him if he thought I should keep him on the phone or hang up. I don’t remember what he said, but I decided to keep him on the phone. If something awful happened, I wanted a witness.

I ended up deciding it was the police and opened the door….

On July 1, 2011, Ron Brynaert sent me 7 emails. Not one referred to the SWATting that had occurred the night before. All were bizarre, impossible to understand emails about Neal Rauhauser, and sock puppets he had spoken to, and Anthony Weiner, and starchild111, and Jennifer George, and Jennifer George’s film professor. One said:

[T]he entire M.O. of these sick fucks every one of them is to DIVERT!!!!!! So they pretend to go after lee stranahan…..when that’s not their real target.

It’s you. They want to damage your career…

Another said:

so with that nightmare scenario…i would guess that neal and his crew are writing everyone at your work….telling them what’s with this crazy guy throwing fake docs on the site…i can prove they’re fake….

anyway…im imagining your offices aint gonna fall for that deception….so hopefully if they do that we just get more evidence….anyone sending letters to complain you is almost definnitely a neal r dude or been duped by him….

Months later, Ron Brynaert contacted my workplace to complain about me, to damage my career. But that’s getting ahead of the story . . .

I think it’s clear that Rob Brynaret must be investigated throughly, specially considering the circumstantial evidence, via audio, that his voice sounds an awful lot like those in the first three SWATting calls [we don't have the audio from Aaron Walker's yet].

-Stacy McCain comments on Patterico’s anniversary posting:

…You might suppose that law enforcement would make such a crime a high-priority investigation. You might suppose that the news media would treat SWATting, as a terrorist threat to First Amendment rights, with at least as much attention as they give to SWATting of adolescents playing online video games.

You would be wrong on both counts. And that’s why it’s no joke when I dateline these dispatches “From An Undisclosed Location.”

-Regarding the last item in my report of Friday instant about the Peace Order hearings for Kimberlin and John Norton, Stacy has filed a report on the results, but spends most of it laying out in clear prose the M.O. of Kimberlin and Rauhauser and their comrades.  This is a must read for anyone who wishes to understand just how such Leftist Cells operate.

A few highlights:

It is genuinely amazing to think that anyone could read that 1981 article by Indianapolis Star reporter Joe Gelarden — please print it out and read the whole thing [Bob: It's a PDF] — without recognizing that Kimberlin’s characteristic modus operandi has scarcely changed in the past 30 years.

By accusing others of wrongdoing, Kimberlin seeks to evade responsibility for his own wrongdoing. What I’ve called the “accuse the accusers” strategy – which is also witnessed in the actions of Kimberlin’s associate Neal Rauhauser — looks very much like obstruction of justice.

Of course, I’m not a lawyer. I’m not a detective or a cop or an FBI agent. I’m just a reporter trying to cover a story, and the big mystery at the heart of this story is: Why do Brett Kimberlin and Neal Rauhauser keep acting like they are trying to hide something?

And…

Again: Accuse the accusers — Rauhauser persistently endeavors to discredit anyone who might accuse him of wrongdoing, in the same way that Kimberlin has done by filing legal actions against Seth Allen, Aaron Walker and others….

And…

Kimberlin uses his own civil action against Allen as evidence to discredit Allen, thus to discourage Frey (or anyone else) from relying on Allen’s work. So when we see Kimberlin attempting to employ spurious legal complaints to discredit Aaron Walker, we know that eventually Kimberlin will accuse others of criminal wrongdoing because of their relationship (real or alleged) with Walker.

Accuse the accusers — and then use your own accusations as “evidence”!

Finally…

Every time Brett Kimberlin goes to court against his enemies, he creates more news for me to cover, and every time Kimberlin goes to court, it seems he brings along Neal Rauhauser as part of his entourage. Their evident inseparability would seem to lend credence to the belief that Rauhauser is a partner in everything Kimberlin does, and vice-versa.

Please do take the time to click here and read the whole analysis.

-For the record: by quoting and/or linking someone in these Reports, I am not necessarily endorsing that person’s behavior or actions. I will quote and/or link anyone who helps reveal the truth about Brett Kimberlin, Neal Rauhauser, et. al. but I will not take sides nor get dragged into any of the squabbles occurring on our side. Keep Your Eyes On The Prize.

Original Page: http://thecampofthesaints.org/2012/07/01/the-brettkimberlin-report-d37-the-kimberlinrauhauser-cell/

Shared from Read It Later

 אל

Comments